Better than a gold digger
Are you a mushroom picker who likes to go into the forests, smell the dew, move a leaf on the ground and, surrounded by the light filtering through the branches of the pines, find a porcino mushroom? Or are you a mushroom eater who prefers to find the mushrooms on your plate in a tasty risotto or as an accompaniment to polenta?
If you are in the second category you won't struggle to find yourself right at home in our area full of restaurants with menus and dishes based on mushrooms: if on the other hand you are in the first category, then porcini , parasol , chanterelle and field mushrooms are waiting for you in autumn and summer.
In this case we have three pieces of advice to give you
The first is about the best places to find mushrooms: in the Adamello-Brenta National Park forests or among the Paganella pine forests, on trails towards the Altopiano di Pradel and Selvapiana on Mount Fausior.
The second is about the rules that you must follow when picking mushrooms. You must:
- be in possession of a valid permit
- pick between the hours 7.00 to 19.00
- not exceed the maximum amount of 2 kg of mushrooms per day per person over the age of 10
- clean the mushrooms on site with a small knife
- carry them in rigid perforated containers – Wicker baskets are perfect
- not damage or destroy the mushrooms in the area
- not use rakes, hooks or any other means which could cause damage.
The third is on where to acquire the mushroom picking permits.
- A.P.T. offices (Tourist Information Offices) in Andalo, Molveno and Fai della Paganella
- at the Municipal Offices in Andalo, Molveno, Fai della Paganella, Cavedago and Spormaggiore
- at the A.G.V. (Andalo Gestione Vacanze) Office al AcquaIN swimming pool centre in Andalo.
Or you can use a post office payment slip made out to the Municipal Office and specifying the period required:
- Comune di Andalo: c/c postale 10742385 Servizio di Tesoreria
- Comune di Molveno: c/c postale 12580387 Servizio di Tesoreria
- Comune di Fai della Paganella: c/c postale 11556388 Servizio di Tesoreria
- Comune di Cavedago: c/c postale 12695383 Servizio di Tesoreria
- Comune di Spormaggiore: c/c postale 13912381 Servizio di Tesoreria.
BATHING IN THE FOREST ATMOSPHERE IN FAI DELLA PAGANELLA THE BENEFITS OF FOREST BATHING Walking is good for you, but walking...
a via Ferrata suspended between ground and sky! If you want to try the thrilling experience of crossing the sky suspended in the clouds,...
The adventure begins: put your courage to the test Are you ready to become a young Indiana Jones? Improving your agility and balance...
Fish for tranquility! There is a lot of peace and quiet on Lake Molveno, the smaller Lake di Bior and the Massò Torrent! In...
n the footsteps of cycling legends Fausto Coppi and Gino Bartali, Eddy Merckx and Marco Pantani Cycle on the well-known tracks of...
Almost the seaside: the Lake is 850 m above sea level Have you ever thought you could find "the sea" at 850 m above sea level? Go...
Singles or doubles, channel your energy Concentration, coordination, movement. Tennis is good for your heart, figure and bones and...
Aim and hit a bullseye Archery is a physical activity, seen both as a hobby and as a sport, requiring above all concentration and...