Better than a gold digger
Are you a mushroom picker who likes to go into the forests, smell the dew, move a leaf on the ground and, surrounded by the light filtering through the branches of the pines, find a porcino mushroom? Or are you a mushroom eater who prefers to find the mushrooms on your plate in a tasty risotto or as an accompaniment to polenta?
If you are in the second category you won't struggle to find yourself right at home in our area full of restaurants with menus and dishes based on mushrooms: if on the other hand you are in the first category, then porcini , parasol , chanterelle and field mushrooms are waiting for you in autumn and summer.
In this case we have three pieces of advice to give you
The first is about the best places to find mushrooms: in the Adamello-Brenta National Park forests or among the Paganella pine forests, on trails towards the Altopiano di Pradel and Selvapiana on Mount Fausior.
The second is about the rules that you must follow when picking mushrooms. You must:
- be in possession of a valid permit
- pick between the hours 7.00 to 19.00
- not exceed the maximum amount of 2 kg of mushrooms per day per person over the age of 10
- clean the mushrooms on site with a small knife
- carry them in rigid perforated containers – Wicker baskets are perfect
- not damage or destroy the mushrooms in the area
- not use rakes, hooks or any other means which could cause damage.
The third is on where to acquire the mushroom picking permits.
- A.P.T. offices (Tourist Information Offices)
- online on Geoticket
Or you can use a post office payment slip made out to the Municipal Office and specifying the period required:
- Comune di Andalo: c/c postale 10742385 Servizio di Tesoreria
Live an overwhelming sensory experience through this educational path surrounded by nature
Calisthenics workouts at high altitude with a multi-medal Olympic champion
The rain won't stop the fun in Dolomiti Paganella! Check out everything you can do in these cases!
Experience the freedom of a one-of-a-kind flight over the Dolomites' peaks
Welcome to an actual climbers paradise: natural and artificial rock climbing walls for all tastes
Experience the unique thrill of traversing the sky suspended among the clouds.