In full contact with the rock face
Touch the rock, feel its vibrations, its sighs. Climbing can be a truly unforgettable experience, both on natural rock walls and on artificial ones, set up specially to test yourself and keep you entertained.
Natural and man-made gymS
The Altopiano della Paganella offers both natural and man-made gyms.
The Andalo sports centre next to the Andalo Horse Riding Centre, has a 13 m high outdoor structure with 10 climbing routes ranging from V - VII on the Italian rock climbing scale and is managed by the Alpine guides. Bring the proper equipment with you or go with a professional guide.
In Molveno you are spoilt for choice.
- The natural climbing gym S. Antonio, in Località Ischia, is within walking distance from the town centre: there are 50 routes ranging from a minimum difficulty of III to a maximum difficulty of VIII, on the Italian rock climbing scale.
- The small cliff next to Lake Nembia (a few minutes from the Nembia parking lot), 20 m high with 10 climbing routes ranging from VIb to VIIc in difficulty. Fix bolting. Boulder.
- The artificial gym which is located in the square is for children and is operated by Alpine guides. It is 6 m high and open two nights a week during the summer season.
In Fai della Paganella, in the sports hall, there is a covered fixed structure managed by the Alpine guides, which is 6 m in height with 10 climbing routes ranging from IV – VII in difficulty on the climbing scale.
In Cavedago, on the way to Passo del Santel, you can find the natural rock climbing gym which is 25 m high and is called "the healthy pastime" with medium to high difficulty routes ranging from VI to VIII on the climbing scale. With 10 m fix bolting from the start of the route to the Boulder area wall.
The natural cliff "I Sasedei" in Spormaggiore is 15 m high and is just a few metres away from the ruins of Castel Belfort. There are 10 climbing routes with resin-coated stainless steel pitons. These routes range from a minimum degree of difficulty (level V) to a maximum degree of difficulty (VIc), with the majority being level V.
- Always wear a helmet to protect yourself from falling stones and materials.
- Check the safety of your equipment before you begin: harness, quickdraws (extenders), securing knots and brake position
- Never climb unless your are attached
- Be aware of other climbers around you and wait at the bottom of the cliff until it is clear of other climbers
- Check the state of the equipment already present in the wall, especially any wear and tear of descent carabiners. If in doubt, add one of your carabiners to the one present in the wall, it's a small sacrifice compared to the potential risk that could arise.
- Use suitable safety equipment and make sure you have understood how to use it.
If you've never done any climbing before or you feel safer being supervised by experienced and competent people, contact the Alpine Guides in the area who will be only too happy to help!
BATHING IN THE FOREST ATMOSPHERE IN FAI DELLA PAGANELLA THE BENEFITS OF FOREST BATHING Walking is good for you, but walking...
a via Ferrata suspended between ground and sky! If you want to try the thrilling experience of crossing the sky suspended in the clouds,...
The adventure begins: put your courage to the test Are you ready to become a young Indiana Jones? Improving your agility and balance...
Fish for tranquility! There is a lot of peace and quiet on Lake Molveno, the smaller Lake di Bior and the Massò Torrent! In...
n the footsteps of cycling legends Fausto Coppi and Gino Bartali, Eddy Merckx and Marco Pantani Cycle on the well-known tracks of...
Almost the seaside: the Lake is 850 m above sea level Have you ever thought you could find "the sea" at 850 m above sea level? Go...
Singles or doubles, channel your energy Concentration, coordination, movement. Tennis is good for your heart, figure and bones and...
Aim and hit a bullseye Archery is a physical activity, seen both as a hobby and as a sport, requiring above all concentration and...